Benefits of Custom Orthotics
- Relief From Pain
- Added Foot Support
- Injury Prevention
- Comfortable Walking
- Better Fitting Footwear
Custom Orthotics: You Don’t Have To Live With Foot Pain
If you are experiencing foot or ankle pain, New Tampa Foot & Ankle can provides medical grade Custom orthotics to help treat and relieve symptoms. When visiting our office, patients who work on their feet, live an active lifestyle, or have foot and ankle pain can often find comfort in additional support that our custom orthotics provide. Designed to distribute weight more evenly across the feet and minimize pressure on any given area, Custom Orthotics can also correct an abnormal gait, reduce pain, and improve foot alignment. After we examine your feet and diagnose their underlying condition, we often find that orthotics can be beneficial. We will have you come in for a fitting and any further customizations needed to ensure the device fits your footwear and is comfortable.
What Are Custom Orthotics?
Custom Orthotics are specially crafted inserts you can place into your shoes to help with a variety of foot problems that can result in foot pain, heel pain, and ankle pain. Our office may recommend custom orthotics if the bones, joints, muscles, and connective tissues in your feet and ankles aren't functioning optimally, which often leads to pain or other issues.
- Balancing foot pressure for even distribution
- Enhancing stability and balance
- Adjusting body alignment
- Minimizing and guarding against foot discomfort and pain
Contact our office today to see if custom orthotics are right for you.
Increase Stability and Comfort
Custom Orthotics can fit nearly all types of footwear and are used to treat foot pain, heel pain, and minor problems. For example, arch supports can be inserted into your shoes to help correct overarched or flat feet, while gel insoles are often used because they provide comfort and relief from foot and heel pain by alleviating pressure. There are a large variety of orthotics available, with different materials and fabrication processes depending on the foot issue and your particular needs.
Who Can Benefit From Orthotics?
Custom orthotics offer a tailored solution for various individuals seeking foot and lower limb comfort and support. They are especially beneficial for those with foot disorders like plantar fasciitis, bunions, and hammertoes, as well as individuals with specific foot structures like flat feet or high arches. Athletes, people with lower limb and back pain, diabetics, and those with arthritis can also greatly benefit from the personalized support orthotics provide.
People who stand or walk extensively for work, such as nurses and teachers, can find relief from the specialized comfort of orthotics. Overweight individuals can benefit from the even distribution of weight they provide, reducing foot strain. Children experiencing growing pains or foot problems can also see advantages, as can individuals recovering from foot or leg surgeries. Those with a leg length discrepancy can also find alignment benefits. For anyone considering orthotics, a consultation with a healthcare professional is recommended.
Top 10 Benefits of Orthotics
- Customized Comfort: Tailored to the exact shape of your foot, ensuring maximum comfort with every step.
- Pain Relief: Alleviates foot, ankle, and even back pain caused by misalignment or foot conditions.
- Enhanced Foot Support: Provides optimum arch and heel support, reducing foot fatigue.
- Improved Posture: Aligns the foot and ankle joints, promoting better posture and balance.
- Protection & Cushioning: Protects the feet from undue pressure, minimizing the risk of ulcers, especially in diabetic patients.
- Extended Shoe Lifespan: Reduces the wear and tear on your shoes, allowing them to last longer.
- Optimized Athletic Performance: Enhances stability and performance for athletes, reducing the risk of injury.
- Correction of Foot Abnormalities: Helps in managing conditions like flat feet, bunions, and plantar fasciitis.
- Reduction in Joint Strain: Lessens the strain on the knees, hips, and lower back.
- Boosted Mobility: Experience greater ease and freedom in daily activities and exercises.